Saturday, April 19, 2008

Life

Slowly I am finally beginning to adjust to a new way of living and am still approaching life one-day-at-a-time… I love being here and being surrounded by so much amazing things to see, do and simply take in! My new place is in a great location and I can easily get to the park to let out some pent-up energy in the matter of seconds when I walk out my door! The streets all around in my neighborhood are filled with families, kids, couples, people walking dogs, doormen that nod with a friendly smile of hello when you pass, and of course ordinary single folks walking from here to there and just simply living life! I am honestly amazed with the complete sense of a true community and city this place oozes!!! It really is like the movies! I found a church I like I have been attending on Sundays and will probably join eventually, and am currently looking into getting myself involved in maybe a pottery or dance class and hopefully join a summer volleyball league somewhere!!! Grocery shopping has been simplified to really just buying what you can carry or ordering your food online and having it delivered if you want to do it all at once… There are lots also lots of individual fruit stands on various street corners where you can pick up fresh fruit and veggies for the week for a really reasonable price! The other day I purchased tomatoes, potatoes, onions, bananas and some apples and only paid $5.00 for everything! Not bad!

So here I am… floating toward a new life direction… Actually… this past week I kind of hit a hard low as I suddenly was over-taken by a complete sense of sadness and confusion because the reality of my life change finally caught up with me as I now have a more stable sense of permanence in my life for the first time in months! I have been operating on overdrive since honestly last October and only in the last week or two here have I really begun to relax… I really do feel I am where I am supposed to be, stronger than ever, I just let myself start thinking too much about future days and found myself rather lonely as I am still in the process of establishing a new social network I can rely on for everyday socialization… At home I had my family to keep me from being too lonely… here I have myself, and a small network of new friends… I started reflecting on what made me take on this venture and what I was looking for in life and really freaked myself out because parts of that I cant answer… I left home because my life wasn’t moving anywhere there and I also felt I needed to be around more people who shared the same interests and were at the same points in there life as I… I have a true passion for exploration and doing new things and at home I couldn’t fulfill that deep inner need… Here I have been blessed with endless stimulation of exploration and adventure as well as the uniqueness of a solid, genuine friendship with a person who is on the same page as myself for a refreshing change… I guess I am scared because I really don’t know more than that… but whatever my future holds it will be what is ever intended for me and I just need to stay focused on my true self, who I am in entirety, where my roots lie and what I can bring to the lives of others… I am looking for a stronger sense of being… a sense of accomplishment… a sense of helping others… a sense of true love and happiness…

Tomorrow I am taking on the challenge of a fundraiser run for the Special Olympics through the Lincoln Tunnel and back!!! Stay posted!

Below are some pictures I had taken at Central Park a few weeks back… The beautiful flowers, I received as a warm welcome to my new home from my Uncle Carl in Las Vegas… a pic of my grandparents and I when I visited them on their trip to White Plains last weekend… a pic of Broadway by my apartment, in full bloom of spring... and last but not least… pictures taken from the Staten Island Ferry of Lady Liberty and the Southern Tip of Manhattan! ENJOY!!!
















No comments: