Thursday, June 5, 2008

UPDATE..FINALLY!!!

Well... Ok... I sincerely apologize as I have not really been keeping up with this blog much lately... mainly because the weather has been so nice that I dont feel like sitting in front of the computer in my free time!

I have been full-out exploring and settling more and more into my new lifestyle here in Manhattan. Im actually beginning to start to feel like a true New-Yorker... but honestly it's only really been two months at my new address so.. in time... and my momma brought down my cat last month... so that has really helped me feel more settled as well...

I am starting to get involved in more things outside of work... such as I am taking a ceramics hand-building class one evening a week, routinely running in the park along the river, have been meeting new friends to have drinks with and such on occasion as well as hanging with my bestest NYC friend I met when i moved here! We try to take on as many adventures as we can because we are both so full of life for exploration of new things! A few weeks ago we went to Brooklyn and walked around Prospect Park, the Botanical Gardens and a historic house in the park... before we ventured back to Manhattan via walking the Brooklyn Bridge!!! ..awesome! We also take-on periodic rollerblading excursions, which I love... because we always see something new and exciting and have a blast doing it! Last trip.. we skated down through Battery Park and the South Side Seaport where I was overtaken by the immensity of this awesome giant ship... the kind one usually only sees in movies! The masts where monstrous and all i could think was.. i want to explore it and go for a ride! ...another day is suppose... seriously though... it was comparable to Pirates of the Caribbean! Then there was the adventure of Fleet week, Memorial Day weekend! The city was flooded with Sailors from the US Navy and Maine Core.. as they docked here for about a week and had free public tours aboard various ships! I had the day off on that Friday so I went down in the morning and toured through two of the ships! One was a carrier ship, with a huge runway that had an endless runways of various planes and choppers... the other was a battle cruiser... Really amazing to see and I was excited because I got to climb around different levels of nooks and cranny's on them!

And my latest venture was this morning where I met my boss up in Harlem at the Historic site of Alexander Hamilton's House, which is currently being moved to a park around the corner from it's current location! We will be doing an interpretive exhibit in the house once the relocation is complete. My boss was filming the construction and the move for our project and I must say.. it was truly an amazing site to see! (I even got to wear a hard-hat!).... They are literally lifting this house out of a cramped city space!! The big move will be this coming Saturday morning when they will travel down the road with it and place it in the park on its new foundation... Here is a weblink to the National Park Service site that explains everything in more detail and has footage and pictures of the current move-in progress... http://www.nps.gov/hagr/

Well more to come! Here are some pics from my latest excursions! Enjoy! :)
















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're having a great time & I hope you continue to find adventures in the city! The building move sounds neat...enjoy it!

p.s. Next time I'd check out the sailors instead of the ships ;)

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

thanks lisa!!! It has been fun!

no worries... im not blind! hehehe ;)