Thursday, October 23, 2008

Think Fall!

Well… it’s Fall in NYC!! It has been beautiful here so far.. a lot milder than home, However… the cold air is staring to set in. I actually had to pull out my gloves this morning to keep my hands warm for my walk! The streets are lined with golden yellow trees that are starting to drop their leaves, which crunch under your feet as you walk down the sidewalks… Tonight, I could smell the aroma of chimney smoke in my neighborhood as I journeyed home… a true smell that winter is approaching and one of my favorite smells of the season! …so.. what have I been up to besides taking it all in..?? Well.. I guess u can say I have been working on experiencing the city for all that I can, making and enjoying the company of new friends, playing volleyball again (yes I joined a league and get to play at 4 different facilities throughout Manhattan!! -- whoooohooo)… and started volunteering on occasion, mostly in soup kitchens, but want to expand to other opportunities as well! Besides that.. just working and living life day-to-day! I do get antsy ever so often though to get out to the country! I went to Ithaca a few weeks back and went apple picking! It was peak season for the leaves there too which were amazing!!! Below are a few photos I took on my trip there as well as a couple I took in Central Park last Saturday and a few other treasures. ENJOY!











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Sharon! Those were great pics...can't wait to see your winter ones! Hope you're enjoying the holidays in the Big City!

Lisa :)