Sunday, February 17, 2008

Rewind!!

Hello all!! Life has surely been going by fast and sometimes I feel there aren’t enough hours in the day to do all the things floating around in my head!! Work has been busy, but really fun!!... We traveled to Grand Rapids, Michigan this past Monday and Tuesday for a cool project - where we got snowed in an extra night-- love the winter!! It was nice though because I have missed the snow this winter and the area kind of reminded me of home a bit and I also had a chance to get better acquainted with my boss, which made me feel more secure at where I am at...



I have been looking for apartments and viewed a few YUKKKYYY ones yesterday, but I am just going to keep plugging away and hopefully will catch one of the current leads I have in the making sooner than later... One-day-at-a-time has been my motto since I moved here, so I am just going to continue the faith and something is bound to work out!! :)

Last Saturday I met a few friends for an excursion through the endless mazes of galleries at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Did you know the galleries are open til 9pm on Friday and Saturday??? Pretty sweet... so u can imagine how relieved we were to learn that when we arrived on the monstrous steps at 4:30, worried it was closing at 5:30... We now had LOTS OF TIME!!! The museum houses an extensive Egyptian collection, but the three of us unanimously agreed or favorite room was one of which housed an ancient temple secluded on a marble island in a gallery space with immense height and an entire wall of windows, ceiling to floor, overlooking Central Park!










We could have probably stayed there for the remainder of the evening just talking and taking in the atmosphere, but we continued on... We journeyed through room after room, floor after floor, admiring and taking in countless masterworks of all ages… ancient, classics, modern and contemporary... I particularly took excitement in viewing paintings by Monet, Van Gough, Matisse, Rodin, Seurat, through more modern classics such as Pollock, Kadinsky, Warhol, Donald Judd and Chuck Close... to name just a few... but there were also lots more!! :) ...As what turned into about a 3 hour journey came to an end and we started to ascend the grand staircase into the main foyer of the museum, the soft sounds of a live orchestra sidetracked us to watch as they serenaded the gallery's restaurant customers... We watched on from the side rail overlooking the sea of people still wandering about the foyer below, and then decided to add onto our list of NYC adventures... Carnegie Hall!!!!

No comments: