Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Canal Street

I found the greatest art store EVER today!!! It's called Pearl Paint Company located in the prime of the canal street shops. It's in this old old building with high steep, solid wooden stairs that bring you up to floor after floor of endless art supplies.... Reams of paper, craft supplies, paints, brushes and drawing materials you could ever imagine! I of course bought a new small sketch pad for my purse as well as a new charcoal paper notepad... Cant wait!!! My Canal Street experience was then complete as my roommate and friend initiated me to buy a new official new york city style hat!! They were set on bringing me up to speed with the NYC fashions! It's kind of dressy, but has a small brim... I put it on to wear right away and I must confess it made me feel pretty swanky and confident as i entered the subway for home!

2 comments:

angiem417 said...

Ummm hellloooo we get a pick of everything else...I don't see a picture of the swanky hat. I will be waiting. My girlfriends and I are coming to the big city Memorial Day weekend. We already made our reservations at the Waldorf Historia...talk about swanky! Can't wait to see you in your new element! :-)

Sharon said...

Hey there!! In time... my camera is having issues... -lol! That is so awesome about your visit! I cant wait!! I heard the waldorf is top-notch!!! If your staying there i want to see it!!!