
Hi Everyone! This past week has been pretty interesting and fun getting adjusted to life here in the city! I started my first day at work last Wednesday and boy my days are crazy long and what an adventure its been too trying to tackle the transporation system just to get there and back! I think I have finally figured it out though, for the most part anyway... it only has taken me a few missed bus stops and walking trips, and cab crazy cab fares, but Im getting better at it! There is a bus at the corner of my street that takes me into port authority (2 blocks from work) but i am still having a hard time finding my stop on the way home because the street signs are hard to read from a zooming bus and the stops are a bit confusing... It is my goal this week to actually get off at the correct bus stop! Keep your fingers crossed! :) The bus is interesting because there are all variations of people that ride... workers, parents, kids, elderly, etc... And it can be kind of funny to watch the bobbing heads as most everyone except the driver sleeps on the morning route! There was a gentlemen sitting a few row from me a few days ago who i thought was going to fall right out of his seat his head was wobbling so hard...
My new job is interesting and the projects are fun! I work in a small studio with 4 others at the moment. The office is attached to my bosses apartment so occasionally I end up with one of their two cats on my lap, or a receive a friendly welcome from the family dog... Today I had to fight with one of the cats who kept swatting at my hands as I tried to eat my sandwich for lunch at my desk... The environment is certainly different but I dont mind... It's all part of the NYC hustle!
Friday after work I recieved a call from a friend as I was leaving and we decided to meet up and grab a bite! There ended up being four of us and we found this fabulous restaurant on 9th ave called Chelsea's Place. The food was awesome, despite the hour wait to eat after we ordered but it was fun in the meantime getting to know new friends. We all went back to his place after, which is on the 30something floor of a high rise - so you can image the sweet view - and had a few drinks before they walked me to the train station where I ended up getting all turned around in Herald Square after they left because we went down the wrong subway entrance when they dropped me off!!! I found my way home though and crashed hard from my long week!
Saturday my roommate and I made are way to the MOMA art gallery where we saw an exhibit of Georges Seurat's charcoal drawings and also Van Gough's original "Starry Night"! Pretty Sweet! We really had am amazing visit walking through the massive museum as we ocassionally peered out these story tall windows to the city streets and ally's below! Wow what a view to such amazing architecture! After, we grabbed a late lunch/early dinner across the way at a small Irish Pub before parting ways for the evening as I ventured to check out Macy's and she went off to meet another friend...

I attended mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral Sunday morning! How amazing and beautiful it was as the organ echoed throughout and I kept getting sidetracked during the service starring at the intricate architecture and gorgeous stained glass windows! Buildings just aren't made like that anymore! There are literally tons of other beautiful churches scattered all over the city as well so I may find myself venturing into new ones on Sundays for the next few months or so just to explore and experience their individual services...

Until later! :)
--Sharon
2 comments:
Hey sis! I am glad you are enjoying your new job and your new start in the city. I was laughing at the comments you made about mom and dad in the city. I could only imagine what a circus that was. Of course I also noticed a few spelling/grammar mistakes but that's the teacher in me. I didn't know you could share pictures of blue moon at bars, but I'm sure you don't get nearly as drunk looking at pictures as you do drinking pitchers :-)
Love you and miss you!
~Angie
If i could only have recorded it as a live motion picture... PRICELESS!!! :) ...and of course you would pick out my typos miss english teacher!! :) I must have been on my 3rd blue moon when i was typing!!! These keyboards can be tricky!
Post a Comment